1. Love is not ENOUGH to sustain a healthy marriage. Loving each other immensely is very important, but just love it self will not hold your marriage together. Marriage requires time, attention and love. Think of your marriage as a plant. Plants require nurture, water and sun. You can’t expect your plant to survive if you don’t give it the attention it needs.
2. The house is not self cleaning. Cleaning is something you both will either be good at or completely horrible at *inserts @ Husband name* LOL
My “Clean” is not my husbands “clean.” He has a whole different way of cleaning on his own which I personally like to call “Half ass cleaning.” Cleaning or getting used to a cleaning routine will definitely be difficult at first.
3. You won’t always agree. I’d be lying if I said my husband and I always agree and we’re always on the same page. We do agree on major decisions, but sometimes I disagree just for fun. Just kidding LOL
Not but seriously some times agreeing on certain things is difficult, but having good communication skills and listening to one another helps a lot.
4. It’s not just you anymore its US. Before I said ” I do” Fr. Jaime made it very clear that we would become one. He honestly had a point there. Oscar and I have always had a very good communicative relationship, but now its on a whole new different level. Our love has grown and flourish so wonderful these past couple months. He is truly my soul mate and it excites me to think of all the wonderful things we will face together.
5. It has been worth it all. Marrying my husband has been one of the best decisions I’ve made in my life. I honestly feel I won the lottery with this man. He is such an inspiration to me and all who know him. Oscar is such a kind hearted man. He loves to see the good in all, which is the complete opposite of myself. He completes me and I can’t imagine my life with out my husband.
I love you bear!